The B.Com (General and Hons.) is a three years degree course under the 10+2+3 system
of education. Admission to the First Year of B.Com (General) Degree course shall
be open to a person who has passed one of the following examinations conducted by
a recognised Board/Council/University.
- 10+2 examinations or B.Com Part I (Old Scheme) of Panjab University with three of
the following subjects securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Commerce (or theory of commerce, or foundation course in Commerce)
- Accountancy (or Book Keeping & Accountancy)
- Mathematics (or Statistics)
- Business Organisation (or Business Management or Theory and Practice of Management)
- Insurance (or General Insurance or Life Insurance)
- Banking & Trade
- Commercial Geography
- Office Management and Secretarial Practice (or Office Organisation and Management)
- Mercantile Law (or Company Law)
- Typewriting and Stenography/Computers (for Typewriting)
- 10+2 examination or B.A. I (Old Scheme) of the Panjab University
with at least two of the subjects mentioned in (1) securing at least 45% marks in
- 10+2 examination or B.A. I/B.Sc. I/Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical
examination of the Panjab University under the (Old Scheme) not covered in (2) securing
at least 50% marks.
- Any other examination recognised by the university as equivalent
to (1), (2) or (3) as given above with requisite percentage of marks given under
Provided that a candidate seeking admission to the first year of B.Com should have
passed in the subject of English at the +2 examination and in cases where passing
in English is not necessary according to the regulations of certain Boards/Bodies/Councils/Universities
in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed
only after he/she has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from
the parent Board/Body/Council/University in two consecutive chances subsequent to
A person who has passed B.Com I/II examination of Panjab University Or an equivalent
examination is eligible to join 2nd/3rd year class of B.Com (General Or Hons.) as
the case may be.
A student who has secured at least 50% marks in B.Com - I shall be eligible to offer
Honours in B.Com II. The Honours examination shall consist of two papers out of
which paper I shall be taken along with the lInd year exam and paper II with the
final year exam.
The college offers two options:
- Business Finance & Accounting