The B.Sc. (General and Hons.) is a three years degree course under the 10+2+3 system
of education. Admission to the First Year of B.Sc. (General) Degree course shall
be open to a person who has passed one of the following examinations conducted by
a recognised Board/Council/University.
A person who has passed with at least 40 percent marks in the aggregate the +2 examination
under 10+2+3 system of education of a recognised University/Board/Council or any
other examination recognised by the P.U. as equivalent, with pass in English as
one of the subjects shall be eligible to join the First Year class of B.Sc.-I degree
course. However, a person who has not qualified English as one of the subjects at
the +2 examination, shall be eligible to join B.Sc.-Ist Year class provisionally
subject to his/her qualifying the deficient subject of English from the parent Board/Body/Council/University
in two consecutive chances subsequent to his admission, failing which his/her admission
to B.Sc.-I year class and the result for the examination shall automatically stand
Provided that a student would offer any science subject, including Mathematics,
only if he/she has passed that subject in the qualifying exam OR qualifies the subject
as a deficient/additional subject from the concerned Board/Council in the supplementary
examination, subsequent to the admission.
The details of the subjects to be studied in B.Sc (General) First Year Examination
are as under:
- Punjabi / History & Culture of Punjab
- Three elective subjects
- Environment Education
A student can opt for any of the following combinations of three elective Subjects.
- B.Sc. (Medical) Botany, Zoology and Chemistry.
- B.Sc. with Biotechnology, Botany and Chemistry.
- B.Sc. with Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry.
* Students opting for combination No. 2 & 3 in B.Sc-I (General) are required
to mention B.Sc. Elective (Biotech.) as the course on top of 1st page of the admission
- B.Sc. with Bioinformatics, Zoology and Chemistry.
- B.Sc. with Bioinformatics, Botany and Chemistry.
- B.Sc. (Non-Medical) Physics, Maths and Chemistry.
- B.Sc. (Computer Science) Physics, Maths and Computer Science.
Prerequisite subjects at +2 level:
- Combinations 1 to 5 can be opted by students if they have studied Physics, Chemistry
and Biology at +2 level.
- Combinations 6 & 7 can be opted by students who have studied Physics, Chemistry
and Maths at +2 level.
Each every student is required to study the same subject combination of 3 elective
subjects as he/she had studied in B.Sc. I.
The duration of the courses for the degrees of B.Sc. in Bioinformatics and B.Sc.
in Biotechnology shall be three years.
A candidate must have passed Senior Secondary Part - II (12th Class) examination
with a minimum of 50% marks in medical or non-medical science group from CBSE or
any other board recognized by the Panjab University.
Any other examination recognized as equivalent to above by the Panjab University.